This year for Super Bowl Sunday we thought we were going to have a quiet, uneventful evening...boy were we wrong!
We had a hockey game in Hackensack, NJ, and got home at 6:15pm, just in time to settle in for kick-off. Chad built a roaring fire for us, we ordered dinner in, and kicked back with a couple of beers.
Well, as he was putting wood on the fire one time, the fire popped and a hot coal shot out and hit Chad in the EYE! Thank goodness he got his eye closed before it hit so his eyeball was not injured, but the corner of his eye nearest his nose took the brunt of the burn. I tried to talk him into going to the hospital to get it flushed and ensure there was no injury to the eyeball, however, he refused..."The Super Bowl is on and I leave for Las Vegas tomorrow, I'm not going to the hospital." So we did the best we could flushing it out and I used a wet Q-tip to remove the charcoal that was spreading through his eye.
He left Monday morning for Las Vegas for work, and at that point his eye was just red. Wednesday evening I asked him how his eye was feeling and he sent me a pic:
It had completely scabbed over, and every time he woke in the morning it had crusted over and started oozing after he got his eye open. I felt so bad for him!
I'm happy to report that it has completely healed and he looks just as handsome as always. :-)